Why Is Routine AC Maintenance Important?
The Benefits of Conducting Routine A/C Maintenance
It’s that time of year again! Temperatures are starting to rise, and before you know it, you’ll be turning on your air conditioner to cool down. Air conditioners are a huge investment, and like any other investment, it’s important to take care of it in order to get the most out of it. That’s why routine air conditioner maintenance is so important. In this article, we’re going to talk about the importance of annual maintenance and what benefits you can expect from having it conducted.
What Is Preventative A/C Maintenance?
Preventative air conditioner maintenance is the practice of having routine inspections and tune-ups conducted on your system in order to find and fix any potential problems before they turn into bigger, more expensive issues. By catching small problems early on, you can save yourself a lot of time, money, and hassle in the long run.
What Is Included In A System Tune-Up?
A system tune-up typically includes the following:
- Inspection of the Air Filter
- Inspection of the Condenser Coil
- Cleaning of the Condenser Coil
- Inspection of the Refrigerant Levels
- Checking for Electrical Leaks
- Lubrication of Moving Parts
- Checking and Adjusting Thermostat Settings
Why Is Air Conditioner Maintenance Important?
There are a lot of reasons why air conditioner maintenance is important, but here are some of the most important ones:
- It can increase the lifespan of your system. Air conditioners are a huge investment, and by having annual maintenance conducted, you can prolong the life of your unit.
- It can lower your utility bills. Routine maintenance can help keep your system running efficiently, which will translate into savings on your energy bill.
- It can create a more comfortable indoor environment. A well-maintained AC unit will cool and circulate the air more effectively, which means that you’ll be able to set it at a higher temperature without feeling too cold or stuffy.
Increase The Lifespan of Your A/C System
Air conditioners are a huge investment, and by having annual maintenance conducted, you can prolong the life of your unit. Air conditioners work best when they’re properly maintained. The following are some tips to help increase the lifespan of your AC system:
- Inspection of the Air Filter: Air filters should be inspected every month and replaced when necessary. A dirty air filter will impede airflow and reduce the efficiency of your AC system.
- Inspection of the Condenser Coil: The condenser coil should be inspected every month and cleaned when necessary. A dirty condenser coil will impair the cooling capacity of your AC system.
- Cleaning of the Condenser Coil: The condenser coil should be cleaned every year to ensure maximum efficiency.
Lower Monthly Utility Bills
In order to lower your monthly AC bills, you need to make sure that your AC unit is running as efficiently as possible. Routine air conditioner maintenance is the best way to ensure that your unit is running at peak efficiency. By catching small problems early on, you can prevent them from turning into bigger, more expensive issues down the road.
Additionally, you can also save money on your energy bill by making sure that your thermostat is set at a comfortable temperature. Air conditioners work best when they’re set at a moderate temperature, so don’t be afraid to adjust it a few degrees higher in the summertime.
Improve The Comfort In Your Home
Air conditioners play a huge role in the comfort of your home. Not only do they keep you cool during the summer months, but they also help to circulate the air and maintain a healthy humidity level. By having annual air conditioner maintenance conducted, you can ensure that your unit is running at peak efficiency and that it’s doing its best to keep your home comfortable.
Routine maintenance includes inspecting and cleaning the condenser coil, checking the refrigerant levels, lubricating moving parts, and more. By keeping your AC unit in good shape, you can rest assured that it will keep you cool and comfortable all year round.
Schedule Your Spring A/C Tune-Up Today!
Are you ready to schedule your preventative spring maintenance? Contact us today to schedule your service. Our team of Evansville A/C specialists is standing by ready to come to help get your system ready for summer!
Are Your Ready To Experience True Comfort In Your Home?
We are here to help! At Perfection Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration our goal is to provide perfect HVAC repair & replacements to homeowners in the Evansville, Indiana area and beyond.
If you are in need of help improving the comfort in your home, or would like a free estimate on getting a new system, get in touch with us! Our team is standing by ready to help.
Please fill out this form to request service or to schedule a free estimate.